Mystery Solved: How many calories should I eat to lose 5 pounds in a week
There always has been a misconception in people’s minds that just hitting the gym daily is the only way of losing weight. People hardly think of the other possible ways to lose weight. One of them which has recently picked up the trend is following a diet. A diet chart suggested by the nutritionist or a health practitioner would not just merely have the mentions of food but rather contain all details about it. Remember each and every calorie matters in this journey.
But the main question that arises over here is how many calories should I intake? How many calories should I eat to lose 2-3 pounds in a week? It’s not an easy task to figure out the exact number of calories sufficient for your body. It depends on a lot of factors like your age, gender, weight, height and many more. Hence, it is always advisable to consult a health expert who can guide you effectively in this.
How do you lose 5 pounds in a week?
Well, people often have their set of weight-loss goals. They could be like how to lose weight as quickly as possible, and also be specific to losing an exact number of pounds in certain days, weeks, or months. Losing 5 pounds in a week is not an easy task. It majorly depends on your body structure and current condition. In the journey of weight loss, there would be times when fasting would be one of the ways to avoid calorie intake. But, in order to do so, your body must be in a good condition to sustain the impacts.
Energy requirements for teenagers are quite different than grown-up adults. A male teenager might need somewhere around 2500-3000 calories in a day whereas it would be 2000-2500 calories for a female teenager. Similarly, for the men between age groups of 30-60, the calorie requirement would be in the range of 2200-2600 whereas for women it would be 1800-2000 calories per day. It is a wide range since the weights, heights and medical conditions for all of us are different.
Losing 5 pounds in a week would require you to ultimately starve. This won’t be ideally good for your body as well. It would require you to reduce your calorie intake by thousands of calories over the week to lose 5 pounds.
Can you healthily lose 5 pounds in a week?
People often do not think about the health-related risk before going on a weight loss journey. People are rather more concerned about what should I eat to lose 5 pounds in a week? They keep on asking Google, “lose 5 pounds in a week meal plan” and ignore the health concerns. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions, a person must not go beyond losing 2-3 pounds in a week. That amount of loss in weight all of sudden is not considered to be healthy. It will cause your body more harm than wellness.
Someone who is trying for a quick weight loss must understand the fact that the body is not just composed of fats. It has other constituents as well such as bones, muscles, and different body organs. Going for such an intense weight loss journey would literally make you suffer from starving and thus causing more problems like headaches, indigestion, and fatigues. So, it is better and advisable as well to have a slow weight-loss journey which would be more effective.
But in people’s minds losing 5 pounds of weight is merely a number. They often engage themselves in thinking ‘is losing 5lbs noticeable’? Should I aim for something bigger? These misconceptions and lack of information sometimes make them suffer. So, it is a must and should for each one of us to understand that it is not advisable to lose more amount of weight in such a quick succession of time. Try to be slow and steady in this weight loss journey to see the best outcomes.
Best ways to lose weight
Well, we saw that losing weight in such a rapid duration won’t be ideal for your body. But there are ways with which we can lose weight healthily. The journey of weight loss mostly lies in an individual’s own hands and on how they shape it. People mostly engage themselves just by checking the number of calories. They must focus on diet plans which can help them in the cause. Understanding your body plays a crucial role in this. Since most people fail at this instance, therefore the health experts are the best to consult. They will advise the optimum diet plans which suit the body conditions and requirements by analyzing. This analysis is essential for an effective weight loss journey. Further to cut down your calories here are some smart and healthy ways:
- Avoid packed foods: Consuming packed foods can cause severe health issues rather than resolving them. Instead of consuming this preprocessed food, have them replaced with cereal grains. In this fast-paced life, people are always in hurry and often consume what is readily available such as bread, biscuits. This does not help in the efforts which you are putting into weight loss.
- Replace High Calories Food: We all often have that one favorite thing to eat in our meals and we can have it like all the time. It can be a dessert or anything which contains high calories. We must replace such high-calorie and low nutrition food with low-calorie and high nutrition food. Some people might have a habit of finishing off their meals with a sweet dish. But hardly do they realize the fact that it is quite easily destroying their hard efforts for weight loss due to excessive amounts of calories. One replacement for this could be having dark chocolates made kinds of stuff which would be even high on nutrition side with minimal sugar content.
- Avoid Fried and Roasted Stuff: People do have a habit of consuming a lot of fried and roasted food as it gives their taste buds a satisfactory soothe. But the after-effects of such food are really bad on health and weight loss journey. Try to replace these kinds of stuff with boiled and baked food.
- Cut short sugar intakes: Consuming a lot of sugary stuff also hinders the weight loss journey. People should cut short sugar-related food and beverages in their daily routine to get better results from their exercises and diets.
- Prefer walking for shorter distances: With the introduction to cars and affordable bikes, people hardly spend any time walking for their day-to-day works. Even if it’s a small distance people prefer to use their transport mediums rather than walking. This is making them more reliable on the other sources and making their bodies inactive. So, do inculcate the habit of walking which would indeed keep you active.
- Set achievable goals: Getting inspired by others doesn’t mean that you can be like someone whom you idealize in a day. Everything takes time and effort. It is important to have a realistic and achievable goal in front of you so that you can achieve it. Set smaller targets for your body and enjoy this weight loss journey.
These are a few tips apart from exercises and diets to make you stay in the race for weight loss. Our body acts according to our instructions, so learn to command it properly. People also have a few other questions bobbling in their minds like ‘how many calories should I eat to lose 2 pounds in a week’? How many calories should I eat to lose 3 pounds in a week? and so on. The answer to these questions can vary from person to person and their body constructs. Ideally, the equation for such set of goals for weight loss is to burn 500-1000 calories more than your daily consumptions each day. This process would certainly help in shredding out those extra pounds in no time. Though 1 week is a really short duration, with discipline and dedication one can do wonders.
So, take away the myth of losing 5 pounds in a week, and even if you get some ways and tips on how to do it, please avoid it! It would make you suffer more than pleased if followed. Make sure you are on the right page in this weight loss adventure. Push your limits but do not overdo it. Rome was not built in a day and the same would be the case with your physique. It won’t happen overnight so just hang around there with your good fitness habits and discipline and things will surely come your way!