Does Creatine make you gain weight
Creatine is an acidic supplement that has the ability to provide energy to our cells. It is also used as a muscle-building aid among fitness enthusiasts. Apart from the gym freaks the athletes take creatine as well to improve their performances. So, this gives us an overview that what is creatine. Let us take a look at other kinds of stuff related to these supplements.
People also wonder about the facts like does taking creatine increase weight? For the people who are on their weight loss journeys, it is hard for them to manage some extra gains due to supplements. Hence, it becomes a situation of uncertainty for them whether to add creatine into their routines or not. Let us have a look at creatine, its benefits, and its impact on the body.
More About Creatine
Creatine is naturally produced by our body organs like kidneys and liver. But in order to get more quantity of it, people consume it from external sources like seafood. You may also have doubts over the fact that does creatine give you energy? This has a scientific explanation as creatine on intake binds itself to phosphate to create a component called creatine phosphate. The role of this component is to provide you with energy boosts and help in producing more ATP (adenosine triphosphate) which is also our primary source of energy.
Creatine intakes are advisable for those who are intensely working out for their bodies. Be it weight training or other physical exercises they all require a lot of energy. This energy requirement sometimes cannot be met by the naturally produced creatine from the body. Hence, the supplements come into play at this point which helps in providing extra energy and endurance to the body.
Benefits of creatine
Creatine is one of the world’s most popular supplements which is majorly used for performance boosts and gaining strength. Let us take a look at its key benefits;
- Creatine is effective for those who want to add muscle mass and have their muscles grown by increasing the hormones which are responsible for this. Regular consumption of creatine speeds up muscle growth among individuals.
- It helps in improving athletes’ performance by supporting them in high-intensity exercises. Since these exercises would demand a lot of energy out of them and the naturally produced creatine won’t be able to meet that sort of requirement.
- Researchers also claim that creatine consumption helps in treating of few diseases like Parkinson’s and other neurological diseases.
- Regulated intake of creatine also helps in fighting diabetic illness and also lowering blood sugar levels.
- Since creatine promotes high energy it thereby helps in reducing tiredness and fatigue among individuals.
- Unlike other supplements and their adverse effects on the body, creatine is considered to be one of the safest supplements for the body.
Everything which has some benefits will surely have some adverse effects too. One such thing is weight gain caused by creatine. For those who are looking to gain some weight via their physical fitness, it’s a boon, but for people who are struggling hard to shred out extra kilos, it’s a bane. So if you have a question bobbling in your mind should I take creatine while trying to lose weight? The answer would be a big ‘No’. Is creatine weight gain a reality? Let us take a look.
How much weight can you gain from creatine in a month?
People do have concerns over the impact of creatine weight gains more than its benefits. They keep wondering and calculating how much weight would they gain by consuming this supplement. But make sure to understand that it is not always the fats that are causing weight gains, there are other factors as well. Here are a few;
- Muscular Weight: Muscular weight or muscle mass does increase with time. Creatine as a supplement proves to be a catalyst in enhancing muscular endurance and strength. This enhanced size of muscles will cause some weight gains for sure.
- Water Weight: Water weight or fluid retention property of the body is also one of the causes of weight gain. As the supplement creatine draws water content into our muscle cells, it causes water weights in muscles to make them look bigger. This also results in bloating or puffiness around the muscular areas.
The amount of weight gain would certainly depend on the consumption of this supplement on daily basis. On average creatine weight gain would range somewhere in between 1.5 to 3.5 pounds in the initial weeks and could go up to 5-6 pounds in a month’s span. That’s some considerable weight gain, so be sure of what your goals are before consuming the supplement.
Life after Creatine Weight Gains
People keep curiously thinking about the facts like how to get rid of this extra creatine weight gain. Does creatine water retention go away? What will I need to do to keep my weight under control? Here are a few tips;
- Increasing water intake can normalize the impact of creatine on your body. The more water you drink the more it stimulates urination thus removing the extra water content from the body effectively.
- Contrary to enhancing water intake one must also reduce carbohydrate intake as it causes the body to hold water.
- One also has to reduce their sodium intake as sodium as a component has the property which makes the body retain fluids.
- Exercises are also one of the ways of reducing water retention. So, in order to make your body lose water weight, one has to train more.
Following these simples steps will help you get rid of excess water weights from your body. So, do not panic seeing the weight gains after creatine usages, there are ways to counter its impact.
Impacts of Creatine on Body
The human body becomes troublesome when extra fats get accumulated into it. The area where it accumulates the most is the upper body and specifically the belly region. So before consumption of creatine one must understand that does creatine make you gain belly fat? The answer to this would be ‘Yes’ in short-term duration. It won’t make you gain weight directly but through the water retention abilities of your body. One who intakes creatine for a long and consistent duration would have a stronger metabolism to burn out the gained fats from this supplement.
Apart from creatine weight gain people also wonder about the fact that does creatine make your face puffy? A puffy or a bloated face tarnishes your personality despite having a good overall body. Hence, it is quite important to maintain a healthy face along with a healthy body. Since creatine is causing the body to retain more water content, thus muscles would collect water from the body and this would make you notice some bloating around your facial muscles. So, this is how creatine majorly impacts our bodies. But, do keep in mind that regular long-term usage would give you the best results and eradicate this creatine weight gain quite easily.