10 Amazing Tea for Anxiety and Stress – Calm Yourself
Tea has emerged as a beloved beverage worldwide, second only to water in popularity. For countless individuals, tea serves as a refreshing pick-me-up, an essential component of a relaxing morning ritual, and the perfect complement to a cozy, rainy evening. When faced with the stresses of a demanding day, many individuals turn to tea as a source of rejuvenation, taking a much-needed break and feeling reinvigorated after a few sips. In fact, tea has even been touted by health experts as a natural remedy for anxiety. What is it about tea that makes it so soothing? Why does it hold such an irresistible allure? In this article, we will delve deeper into the science behind tea’s calming effects and explore its potential as an anxiety-reducing elixir.
There are different varieties of tea that are popular across the globe. These varieties have been consumed by people for thousands of years. Some people prefer black tea, some like green tea but hardly any of us knew that they come from the same plant. Herbal teas are quite famous across the world, as it helps in tackling stress and anxiety. These herbs present in the tea give impactful results in maintaining stress levels.
Can a cup of tea help anxiety?
Tea is an ancient beverage enjoyed by people worldwide, with a plethora of varieties that cater to different tastes and preferences. From the classic black tea to the refreshing green tea, each variant has its unique flavor and aroma, despite originating from the same plant. However, one type of tea that has gained immense popularity in recent times is herbal tea. Renowned for its stress-relieving properties, herbal tea contains a range of herbs that have a significant impact on reducing stress levels and combating anxiety. Whether it’s a soothing chamomile tea or a revitalizing peppermint tea, the natural ingredients present in herbal tea offer an array of health benefits that make it a go-to beverage for people looking to unwind and de-stress.
Are herbal tea safe to drink?
For the most part, herbal teas are considered safe for consumption by most people. As a precautionary measure, it is recommended to conduct thorough research on the composition of herbal teas before incorporating them into your routine, as certain ingredients may cause allergic reactions in some individuals. In fact, there are numerous benefits to including tea in your daily routine.
Firstly, it can aid in reducing morning sickness, providing relief to those who experience this discomfort. Additionally, regular consumption of tea can help alleviate symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) in individuals who struggle with digestive issues.
Tea has also been shown to promote better sleep, making it a helpful tool for those who suffer from insomnia or other sleep-related issues. Moreover, certain herbal teas can be effective in reducing stress and anxiety levels, providing a sense of calm and relaxation.
Lastly, for women experiencing menstrual cramps, incorporating herbal tea into their routine may provide some relief from this discomfort. Overall, the benefits of tea are vast and varied, making it a worthwhile addition to anyone’s daily routine.
Let’s find the best for anxiety relief
It is not so easy to find out the best tea which has a market capitalization of over 21 billion US Dollars. But yet we have got you covered on this. Here are 10 amazing tea for anxiety and stress globally;
- Green Tea: Most people have either tried this themselves or have heard about this tea. It has a lot of health benefits and is often the best beverage on a weight loss journey. But, very few know the fact that it also helps in reducing stress and anxiety if consumed regularly.
- Lemon Balm Tea: Lemon balm is also a variety of tea that comes with a lemony fragrance and a blend of mint. It is widely popular as the best tea for anxiety and depression. Research also claims that it helps in treating insomnia among people.
- Ashwagandha Tea: It is an ayurvedic herb that helps in combating stress and anxiety. It is also good for bettering body fatigues. Ashwagandha has loads of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant features which helps in managing stress better.
- Holy Basil Tea: Holy basil a.k.a. Tulsi is a renowned herbal tea that helps in bettering a person not just physically but also mentally. It has numerous benefits which cover a lot of common problems of people. Be it a normal cough, or a major arthritis pain, holy basil covers them all.
- Rosemary Tea: Well, whenever a rose comes into your mind, it just refreshes you completely. That’s the power of this tea as well, it helps in complete mind relaxation on consumption. The aroma of rose water helps in reducing anxiousness among people. It is also the best when it comes to wound healing.
- Chamomile Tea: This is yet another example of a floral herb that helps in maintaining stress levels. Studies also authenticate the fact that long-term consumption of chamomile helps in treating generalized anxiety syndrome as well. Hence, it is considered one of the best tea for anxiety and sleep.
- Centella Asiatica Tea: Centella Asiatica or Gotu Kola is an ancient asian medicinal tonic. The main use of it is to provide the mind the rejuvenation and release of stress and anxiety. People who complain of sleeplessness and acute anxiousness must have this in their routine.
- Lavender Tea: Lavender tea comes under the category of floral herb which is widely known for soothing moods. But, apart from that it also helps in relieving anxiousness among people. It has many health benefits which help in maintaining healthy skin as well.
- Peppermint Tea: Peppermint or Mentha Piperita is a plant that is loaded with benefits. Its aroma is enough to reduce the anxiety and fatigue of the human body. There can be various reasons for people to develop anxiety, peppermint tea helps in soothing it quite efficiently.
- Valerian Tea: Valerian tea is one of the best tea for anxiety and sleep. It is basically a herbal root that helps cure insomnia and other sleeping disorders. It is often given to people who are undergoing any medical treatments. This helps in controlling heart palpitations in case of anxiety attacks.
Now it is left to you to choose which teas are good for anxiety among them. These are one of the most advisable teas out of multiple varieties of them globally. Since now you have got some fair idea on anxiety and stress releasing tea varieties, here is a surprise recipe for you.
Anxiety Tea Recipe
Anyone can collect these different varieties of tea from various sources. But hardly a few of them know about how to make the best out of it. Any good dish is not just prepared by ingredients, a well-versed recipe is a must. Here is one anxiety tea recipe;
- 1 tsp dried lemon balm
- 1/2 tsp dried lavender
- 1 tsp dried chamomile
- 1/2 tsp dried eleuthero root
- 2 tsp dried holy basil
How to Prepare?
- Add all the ingredients into a cup/container.
- Fill the cup/container with hot water.
- Boil the mixture for around 20 minutes by covering it from the top which will make sure the best out of these herbs do not escape your container.
- Soon after the clock ticks the minute 20th remove the plate and filter your tea.
- Add some extra sweetener if you want it to be a bit sweetish.
- Sssssuppp! Enjoy your healthy tea!
So, here is a simple recipe to keep yourself away from anxiety, stress, and sleepless nights. Tea has a lot more health benefits to offer. The most important key lies in the rejuvenation of your moods. There’s nothing that can replace tea when it comes to giving you a refresh along with health benefits. Don’t wait, go grab your cup of health as soon as you can!